Connector for Microsoft Outlook
Companies use email as the de facto method for sharing files—analysts estimate that 80% of enterprises use Microsoft Outlook. However, email systems were never designed to send or receive large file attachments. Issues that surround email include file size limitations, data storage constraints, bandwidth intensive when sending attachments and the regulatory and security risks inherent in sending sensitive files over the Internet.
Eliminating file size and file management limitations in email, Thru’s enterprise connector for Microsoft Outlook enables organizations to expand the use of their Outlook messaging environment to achieve greater value, efficiency and utilization. Thru provides users with a safe and secure method of distributing, collecting, accessing and tracking files without changing their email workflows. Like overnight package delivery services, all movement is tracked and recorded by Thru as a certifying third party—safely over AES 256-bit SSL/TLS Encryption meeting compliance regulations. Thru adds expiration and password-protection functionality that enables users to control access to messages in motion and revoke access on-demand. The connector is downloaded to the sender’s machine and installed in minutes, providing an immediate in functionality through the existing familiar Microsoft Outlook user interface. Thru file policies can be controlled by the individual users or centrally by IT setting expiration dates/times, exceptions and monitoring of content.
Thru integrates seamlessly with existing applications—business users get exactly what they need. (On-demand video)
- No change in workflow – Securely send, track and manage any size files or complete folder hierarchies directly from Microsoft Outlook.
- Easily send secure encrypted messages – Using Thru’s secure messenger for Outlook, no certificates exchanges are needed.
- Take the load off your Exchange Server – Large files are automatically offloaded to the Thru platform, bypassing the Exchange server(s), optimizing email server performance and increasing server capacity.
- Send files from Outlook and Microsoft SharePoint at the same time – Using Active Directory and SSO from Thru.
- Automated policy enforcement – Transparent to the Outlook user, Thru automatically senses large files, key words and specified file types and sends them securely.
- Access remote files – Direct access to the cloud from Outlook using the Thru’s Explorer, found in the Outlook tool bar.
- Email archiving – Archive email and files using Thru.
- Project management – Assign e-mails to projects directly from Outlook.