Connector for Lotus Notes
Although most users today use email to send electronic files as attachments, the SMTP protocol was never designed singularly for this purpose. Nevertheless, email has been and will continue to be a method of communication for many and in some cases the most critical part of an enterprise’s communication channel. Issues that surround email include file size limitations, data storage constraints, bandwidth intensive when sending attachments and the regulatory and security risks inherent in sending sensitive files over the Internet. Furthermore, email systems do not offer capabilities such as guaranteed delivery, checkpoint/restart or file tracking/auditability making it difficult to prove a file was sent and/or received.
Eliminating file size and file management limitations in email, Thru’s enterprise connector for Lotus Notes enables organizations to expand the use of their Lotus Notes messaging environment to achieve greater value, efficiency and utilization. Thru provides the only integrated solution for secure email in Lotus Notes, transferring large files over the Internet and managing attachments that provides an end-to-end audit trail. Thru adds expiration and password-protection functionality that enables users to control access to messages in motion and revoke access on-demand. The connector is downloaded to the sender’s machine and installed in minutes, providing an immediate in functionality through the existing familiar Lotus Notes user interface. Thru file policies can be controlled by the individual users or centrally by IT setting expiration, exceptions and monitoring of content.
Thru integrates seamlessly with existing applications—business users get exactly what they need. (On-demand video)
- Take the load off your IBM Domino Server – Large files are automatically offloaded to the Thru platform, bypassing the Domino server(s), optimizing email server performance and increasing server capacity.
- Automated policy enforcement – Transparent to the Notes user, Thru automatically senses large files, key words and specified file types and sends them securely.
- Replace unsecure legacy FTP servers – Incorporating file transfers into existing email processes, IT administrators can focus their attention away from FTP support.
- Easily send secure encrypted messages – Using Thru’s secure messenger for Notes, no certificates exchanges are needed.
- Send files from Lotus Notes and Microsoft SharePoint at the same time – Using Active Directory and SSO from Thru.
– Mark Brennan, Information Technology Manager at R.J. Burnside